Saturday, April 23, 2005

Emos and their smokes

Went to play pool yesterday with Joesphine, Kim Hock and Rayson. Damn, I need to practise more. Rayson was slow at first but he managed to beat me at the end. Not bad! Met Joshua for dinner after that. I decided to skip CL, muahahahaha..... Today, I had Legion meeting. Had lunch with them as usual, then went to Wu Dian Zhi Xing's Church to help them in their recruitment. Blessed Sacrament Church is all the way in Commonwealth and it took 1 hour for me to get there! Sat in the bus till my ass was numb. Today's recruitment was so-so, though a few mishaps at the start. For instance, they had some leaflets to give out, then they thought I had them. But no, I didn't. So I went downstairs to check the bins and then went back up again, only to find that they were in Adeline's bag. We could avoid the panic if we had checked earlier. Lol. I stayed for Mass with them. Wah lao, the Mass there very different.. They have more parts to sing, and everybody remains kneeling even though the consecration is complete, only rising at Our Father. Then they have this gong to sound when the consecration is taking place. Damn loud!! They even have altar rails... Heh, that's really old school. It's the first time I entered a church with altar rails. The acolytes also use the old fashioned wooden lights, instead of metal ones. Talk about traditional!! Had dinner with parents at Chinatown. We went to pick my brother up. He was hanging out at some gig at The Third Place, in the Outram area. There were some church people performing. Saw a few of them there. Not my people, so never bothered to say hi. Dad gave my brother a hell of a lecture in the car. God, not again...Dunno what smoking what not.... Please lah, they are everywhere. How is it possible to avoid having smokers as friends? You want to run away until how long? Then he was lecturing my bro against hanging out in such places, and with such people. "Undesirables", he said. So ironic, considering that there are a lot of people from church there. Granted, I wouldn't hang out with them, but I wouldn't be quick to label them as undesirables. My brother was upset, but he's used to it, I can tell. Truly, I do not really approve of the company my brother is keeping, but there's not much I can do. I ask him to wake up his idea but he won't listen. Yes, I pray for him, but I bet that he will flunk his exams, and get into some other serious trouble within the next 3 months. How do I know of this? I just have a very, very bad feeling. Damn it, must be all that f***ing emo he's listening to! Lol, my dad cannot tell the difference with emo and rock, so when he asked my brother to stop listening to rock, my bro was inevitably pissed off. My dad was equating drugs to rock music and equating emo to rock music, which means in his terminology; emo = drugs. I empathise with my brother on this point. Emo is NOT equals to drugs. My dad lectured him about screamo too. I'll side my father with this one. Screamo is okay once in a while. But when you have a brother who plays it and "SINGS" it everyday, it gets damn annoying. Which explains why I only study at night, because he screams in the day! God! The shit is probably going to hit the fan again real soon, but I hope that it will be a long time till it comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home