Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter 2005

Good Friday, 25 April 2005 Went to church at 9 am. We spent much time preparing for the Passion play and stations at 3 pm. Lots of last minute work. But I'd say we did a good job. Well done people!! Easter Saturday, 26 April 2005 Went for Legion meeting in the morning. Damn, we lost another guy. Another two of them are considered as on the way out. Sometimes, I feel like condemning these people in their face. But would that be really okay? Yeah, we all know army deserters are to be shot, but it would be right to shoot my former comrades? I don't know. The irony of it, those two people came in a year after me, and now they leave earlier than me. I don't know what to say. We haven't had any graduates since Dominic and Nicholas left. They were the last ones to finish their service properly. And that was in 2003! Ever since then we only had traitors, washouts and deserters. I might be harsh when I say this. But I can't think of anything better. Ok fine, maybe God has a better plan for them. But why does He have to put us through the agony of worrying how to recruit people, send them to us, then take them away after we have so much hope? I don't know. Maybe we did something wrong, maybe we didn't teach them properly, maybe we didn't pray as often as we should.... Maybe He has something better in store for us? Anyway, I came home and played DotA while waiting for lunch. Joshua came over then we played GTA: San Andreas. Spent most of our time running away from the Police, and figuring how to shoot down their helicopters. Went for Easter Vigil at night. 7 readings from the Old Testament, 1 Epistle and 1 Gospel. Wah lao eh..... At least the songs were good. There was some new priest who sung the Exsultet. Not very good, plenty of off key. But hey, he's new, give chance lah... Accept this Easter candle, a flame divided but undimmed, a pillar of fire that glows to the honour of God.

Let it mingle with the lights of heaven and continue bravely burning to dispel the darkness of this night!

May the Morning Star which never sets find this flame still burning: Christ, that Morning Star, who came back from the dead, and shed his peaceful light on all mankind, your Son, who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

(Final 3 Stanzas of the Exsultet) Easter Sunday, 27 April 2005 Went to Pei Suan's and Timothy's Baptism at Frankel Estate Church. With such good speakers, and nice hymns, I finally understand the allure of the other Churches. Shall I be tempted and change sway? I think not. In any case, I am very happy for them. I hope they will be strong in their faith and continue love the truth. Came home to do my Organic Chemistry practical report. Went to Robin's chalet later. Plenty of food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home