Thursday, January 27, 2005

Let’s see what happened today. Today I went to the library after Microbiology B practical. I had to renew the book I borrowed. Then the machine had some problem. After I keyed in my PIN, it hanged. So I was about to ask the librarian for help when the machine became all right. Ah.

I went for rosary organized by NYP Legion of Mary. It was for the tsunami victims. Decided to stay behind and observe their weekly meeting. I have never gone for an English Legion meeting before. What can I say? I think I like my presidium better. It feels so….different…

Heh, it’s kind of funny. They have to share their room with Campus Crusade and Buddhist Society. So it’s rather amusing to see a poster of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Legion shelf and pictures of Buddha on the locker next to it. Now that’s what I call racial and religious harmony! It’s even more amusing to see Campus Crusade and Legion of Mary share the same premises. It’s like sleeping with the enemy. Ok fine, in this great age of ecumenism, we do not label other Christian groups as heretics, just like we did in the dark ages. We hope to strive for Christian Unity. It is by God’s will that last week was the Week for Christian Unity? Hahaha.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/weeks-prayer-doc/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_20040701_week-prayer-2005_en.html

Really, no matter how hard we try to achieve unity, we will still end up trying to convert each other. Say it isn’t so? Well, for one thing, I believe that truth is more important that unity. What use is it if we all die together fruitlessly? So then you may ask, what is truth? I believe that whatever my church teaches is true, and you also believe that what ever your church teaches is true. But what both sides teach contradict one another! Who is right? Who has all the truth?

Is it possible to achieve unity and embrace all the truth that God has given unto us? Or are we going to compromise our morals and integrity in the name of unification? Do we really want to be like the United Nations? Which is corrupt, lacking in courage, and promotes a culture of death? I am not going to preach, but I’ll let you think about it yourself. May God open our eyes and make us see.

Ut sint unum ovile et unus pastor.

That there may be one flock and one shepherd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home