Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bioconjob.com

Oh God…

Despite four attempts at tissue culture of HEP-G2 (Liver cancer) cells, my group’s attempts all ended in failure! Shit!!!! Damn, where have I gone wrong… Is it my crappy grasp of protocol, carelessness, or maybe a combination of both? Argh!!

Fricking Cell Technology!!! Guess I should reconsider my plans for Bioconjob.com. In case you were wondering what that is all about, let me explain a bit. One day, I had a fine idea, that is, to set up a company to sell tissue cultures and other stock materials. I was joking with the class people, that I can go into the black market.

Ian: Psssh….Want to buy Anthrax? It’s going at a good price! Prospective Customer: Erm, no thanks… Ian: (puts on gas mask) Ian: Murf murf murf murf murf mufr! (Buy it, or I’ll open the canister in front of your face!) No longer a prospective Customer: All right all right!! (Cowering in fear)

Heheheh….But really, I wouldn’t go into criminal activities (I shouldn’t.). It’s not right.

Anyway…Last week, wasn’t too bad. There was Human Biology and Disease test on Friday. Thank God it was easy, and double thank God that they didn’t ask much from Skeletal Systems. My goodness, it’s really horrible to memorize how bones are actually formed.

Os·si·fi·ca·tion (s-f-kshn) n.

  1. The natural process of bone formation.
  2. The hardening or calcification of soft tissue into a bonelike material.
  3. A mass or deposit of such material.

Saturday

About Saturday, now Saturday was really a busy day. I went to school for Geo Council. We had orientation for the newcomers. Ok, less than 20 people, but still good. Legion meeting proceeded afterwards. It was supposed to be at 2pm, but we only started at 2.30 pm. I was late, because I left school late. Sheesh, we have to get rid of this bad habit of starting late. Come to think of it, it was even worse when Dominic was still around. We could actually start 1 hour late! No wonder my mother was so pissed off back then.

Well, meeting ended at around 4.30 pm. Hitched a ride to Toa Payoh from Eric. Loitered around for about an hour. I was supposed to meet Angela, Eugene and Robin for dinner. That dipshit Eugene was late again. Well, since he’s booking out for the weekend, I’ll go easy on him. He brought Leafy along. We made our way to Dunearn Road area. Pet was working at one of the restaurants there, so we went there to eat. I can’t remember the name of the shop but the place was called Greenwood avenue or something. The food was quite good, though the portions are quite small I must say. The ambience is not too bad. It’s a nice place to take your lover to, just make sure you take the cash along. The pricing is close to Fish and Co. I didn’t drink that day, did not feel like it. I was kind of broke too. They sell a lot of different varieties of beer there, with many intriguing names. Damn, it was really good to see them after so long.

My fun was short-lived as I had to leave early. I had to go back to Toa Payoh to meet another group of friends. I headed home at 11pm.

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

I went for Mass in the morning with my family the lunch. I went for Curia after that. Today, I was handed a heavy cross. Yes, I was given the presidency of Maris Stella Legion. Nicholas was appointed vice-chairman. Sigh, I shouldn’t be here, I really shouldn’t. Even juniors are leaving earlier than me. This sucks.

Went to eat with the guys later. Winson, Christopher, Gabriel and I went to play LAN after that. A warning to all: Never ever go to Shaw Tower to play LAN! The mice are screwy, and the network is laggy! A real crappy experience.

I was at YCK MRT and I was fricking suay! I was just standing at the waiting stand all of a sudden I got stung by a bee. On my stomach! You must be like ROFL LMAO OMG, but that’s what really happened. And no, I was not half naked, I was wearing a collared shirt. Damned bees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home