Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Post Examination Activities

All Your Micro Are Belong To Us! The last paper, Medical Microbiology, ended on Thursday(2 March 2006) at six thirty eventime. The mood at the end of the paper was one of relief and jubilation. A few of us went to Cafe Cartel at Bishan. Those present were: Josephine, Rayson, Dominic, Elicia, Christopher and I. Arden and Allison went to Ajisen. The food wasn't too bad though it was rather pricey. They went to see a movie. I forgot what show was it. Josephine and I decided to go home instead. I went to school on Friday to deliver a birthday gift for our Geo Council VP Rosie. Some of us bought a book for her the week before. It was on offer, so heh heh heh... I passed it to Wen Xiang who passed it to her. She liked it very much. I met Joshua later in the day. We went to see Munich at PS. It was a great film. It's full of blood and gore. My kind of movie! I heard some distressing things from Angeline regarding the actions of the Eastern Bloc. Eh Angel, it may not be what you think it is. You should ask her yourself. Still, was there a need to run away? Can't we all live in peace? Absolutely distressing. I should follow Clement's advice and ignore these idiotic happenings. But I can't help it, it's so fun to study how people do things. They can be so unpredictable. They are shallow, basal, and selfish. They do not know what is going on. Just another example of a lack of moral courage, that is so prevalent in society these days. Oh well, we are all sinners in need of redemption... So I simply choose not to get involved. I shall just stand by the side and observe. On Saturday I went to school for Percussion sectionals. My skills are still quite bad. I need to bolster them up before the next concert. The last one was just disgraceful. I went for 4 PM Novena after Band. On Sunday I went to church in the morning and had lunch with my family. I met Angela at City Hall to discuss about Legion's year end camp. We discussed for several hours. I went to Dominic Bung's house for the class BBQ. Strange they call it a class BBQ, when some of them are not there. Anyway, it was great fun. There was lots of food, and drinking. Oh no... there goes Lent.. More drinking the next day. We went to visit Asia Pacific Breweries. Interesting place. I was actually trying to recall what I studied in Bioprocess. The machines are fascinating, in a way. The last stop before we left was the tavern. Free flow of beer for half and hour. I just had a Tiger and peanuts. Rats, I would have taken the Guinness if I knew that they had it. Dinner was at Race Course Road. We took a really long bus ride to get there. The venue was a coffeeshop. Arden recommended the 'la-la' noodles. 'La-la' is a kind of shellfish that smells like shit. We ordered several plates of noodles together with some fried fish and pai kwok wong. It wasn't too bad. Tuesday to Thursday was spent slacking... I did have band practice on Tuesday night and Geo Council meeting on Thursday night.. On Friday I watched Gundam Seed Destiny on YouTube. I went to IHM together with my parents to attend Mass and Stations of the Cross. Hmm, they have Mass in the parish hall instead of the sanctuary. It seems like it'll take a while to fix the damage from the fire. I went to the NTU open house on Saturday. Goodness! That place is damn big!! I got lost in that place.. I went there specifically to take a look at the new life sciences school.. Very impressive.. Sigh, I'll have to work like a dog to get there.. On Sunday I met Angela, Pet and Robin at City Hall to discuss about the end year Legion camp. Angela and I suddenly realise that it will be extremely difficult. We are having to ask ourselves basic questions, some of which I cannot even answer. I ask for your prayers for the Legion recruitment camp in June and the end year camp in December. After the meeting I went for the Singapore Wind Symphony Percussion Ensemble concert at Ulu Pandan. That place is really 'ulu'! I was literally running all over the whole place. I will detail this event at a later date. I have something interesting to share. Well, the concert was really great. Sigh, I don't think I could do something like that unless I practised for another hundred years. Oh well. Today we started the Final Year Project. I shall detail this later as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home