Tuesday, January 10, 2006

a test of time

Whew! These days have been full of work and other activities. I seriously have to manage my time better. I was so caught up with my Legion stuff over the weekend that I didn't have much time to study. No, a better reason is that I chose not to study earlier. Now I'm going to fail Monday's Immunology paper even though so many hints were given. This always happens, being the procastinating fool that I am. I hope it will be better for tomorrow. I met this guy Jonathan on Saturday. He's from the English Legion. Interesting fellow. I took him for meeting at Maris Stella. Attendance was crappy but never mind.. We went for lunch at Toa Payoh after that. He left for evening Mass and I went down to Millenia Walk to meet the Curia people for their officers meeting. My discussion with Jonathan was interesting, and it really got me thinking. So here is a question to you Catholics out there: Have you ever attended a Latin Mass before? Shocking it may be, all the Masses were in Latin last time! And the priest said Mass facing the crucifx, not facing the people. Even the arrangement and design of the altar was different! I still think the Mass we have today is valid, but not as glorious as the original one. I would like to hear a Latin Mass one day. SSPX has them, but I don't want to be a schismatic. I'll just have to make the most out of the one we have now, better than nothing. The driest, most boring weekday Mass is ten times better than any Charismatic service. At least I know He is truly with us. (Dear readers, if you didn't understand any of the terms above, then Cathecism class was a waste of time for you. But don't fret, they didn't teach me any of those either.) We had Curia on Sunday. Attendance improved greatly. We had another series of long meetings after that, being the 2005's evaluation and the recruitment committee discussion. A lot of ideas were raised, so let's hope there will be a successful one. Argh, I still have many uncompleted projects that are due soon. There was great tension within the English Police during the completion of the Bioprocess report. And to think that all this could be prevented if we had done our work earlier. Sheesh, when will we ever learn? Will I manage my time better? Will Legion withstand the test of time? Will the Church withstand the test of time? Will the English Police withstand the test of time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home