Thursday, November 24, 2005

Prayer for Courage

I realise that many of us are in need of faith and courage. Perhaps we have difficult decisions to make, or difficult situations to deal with. In any case, let us ask the Lord in our time of need, for happy are those who run to him for protection.

Prayer for Courage

Dear God give me courage, for perhaps I lack it more than anything else.

I need courage before men against their threats and against their seductions.

I need courage to bear unkindness, mockery and contradiction.

I need courage to fight against the devil, against terrors and troubles, temptations, attractions, darkness and false lights, against tears, depression, and above all fear.

I need Your help, dear God. Strengthen me with Your love and Your grace.

Console me with Your blessed Presence and grant me the courage to persevere until I am with You forever in heaven. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home