Saturday, February 11, 2006

World Day of the Sick

The following is found on the prayer card for World Day of the Sick, 11 February 2006, Adelaide, Australia.

I Am Here Now

Lord, when I’m feeling so sick and tired lost in a fog, restless and wired oh so alone, chilled to the bone my cries of absence just sink like a stone.

Suddenly strangers and friends heed the call weaving compassion connecting us all. Arms of these angels bring warmth & esteem, their labor of love birthing forth a new dream.

Words become flesh, I know not how. A prayer, a promise, a vow: simply, I Am here now. I Am here now.

Lord, when I ache I can’t contemplate, you know my desire for you is so great. I seek your presence & long for your face, remembering tenderly your warm embrace.

You heard my cry & reached out your hand, leading me back to that great promised land. You opened my eyes, now I could see it was you all along who were pursuing me.

Words become flesh, I know not how. A prayer, a promise, a vow: simply, I Am here now. I Am here now.

Lord, I can cling to the future & past, but with you I can dwell in the present at last. The great I Am whose flames never fade is in you and me; that’s the way we were made.

With nothing to lose, I take off my shoes & choose to be one with the Lord of good news. In sickness & health, no matter to me, we’re brothers and sisters in solidarity.

Words become flesh, I know not how. A prayer, a promise, a vow: simply, I Am here now. I Am here now.

Rod Accardi, Supervisor National Association of Catholic Chaplains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home