Thursday, February 19, 2004

I formatted my C: drive today and reinstalled my windows XP. Everything is smooth running now. It all began when I tried to download a crack to let me play battle.net for Starcraft. Before I could begin the download, the computer hanged on me. When I restarted the computer, everything was shitty. Directories couldnt be opened, unless I used the internet explorer. It took ages to delete files. Keyboard shortcuts didn't work. And yesterday the sound card failed and the antivirus became screwy. And other problems too...But to keep a long story short, I decided to reinstall windows XP. That's it. No more cracks from unreliable sources. So I backed up my pictures and documents onto diskettes and putting them up on the net. Couldn't access my Lycos Angelfire account so I tried Yahoo Geocities. They didn't allow .RAR files, so I had to use .ZIP instead. As for Forunecity, it was totally hopeless. So I used this Prohosting provider. It gave me enough space and allowed .RAR files. Goody. I managed to recover most of the files, but 5 .RAR archives gave a "disk error - cyclic redundancy check". Damn. Now I have to find the pictures again. At least everything else is working. Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home